Cybernetics is a broad field that encompasses several topics: control and estimation, sensor handling and computer vision, embedded and real-time systems, hardware design, simulation theory, robotics and filtering techniques. The name is derived from the Greek term κυβερνάω (kybernáō) which means to steer, navigate or govern. This word is again the basis for this page.
- Participated in the I3DS project, aiming to integrate 3D-sensors for both orbital and planetary space applications
- Localization using phased array antennas in cooperation with Radionor
- Developed the SenTiBoard - a reconfigurable sensor timing board
- Participated in the INACHUS snake robot project
- Worked with throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles at JPL
Sigurd Mørkved Albrektsen, PhD
As of 2019 I am currently employed by:
- 2011 - (ongoing), Employed at SINTEF Digital, Mathematics and cybernetics. Working with robotics, ROS (Robot Operative System), smart grid, simulator development, robotic learning and robotic vision.
- 2010 - (ongoing), Founder and CEO of Albrektsen Engineering. Worked with SIRDAS and web development.
- 2014 - 2018, PhD: Integrated observer design with a North-seeking strapdown MEMS-based gyrocompass and machine vision. The PhD is a part of NTNU AMOS.
- 2014 - 2015, 7 month Internship at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Working with throw-and-go Micro Air Vehicles (MAV).